Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 4: A slow day; planning for the future

I must have eaten too much yesterday...I usually awake hungry, but this morning I had no desire to eat.  Then again, it could have been that last Thornotiq.  Needless to say, breakfast was an afterthought.  It wasn't until lunch when hunger kicked in.  I satisfied the urge with some sausage and a salad.  Nothing big, but enough to keep me honest and focused on the mission.



While surveying my fridge and thinking about lunch, I noticed that there wasn't much in the way of pork for the upcoming week.  Man cannot suirvive on bacon and sausauge and sopressata and prosciutto and capicollo alone...well, he probably could, but it wouldn't help me in my quest to eat every part of the animal.  With my deficient pork stockpile in mind, I headed to the store to replenish my raw materials.  My butcher isn't open on Sundays, so I reverted to the grocery store where I picked up:


Tail,
Hocks,
Ears,
Feet,
Leg Cutlets,
Rib Chops,
Sirloin Chops,
Shoulder Blade Steaks,
Rack of Rib Roast,
and Loin Cutlets






A woman standing beside me in the aisle couldn't believe her eyes; the amount of pork in my cart was apparently too much to handle.  Truth be told, I think the ears and feet pushed her over the edge.

I had been invited to my parents house for dinner; my mother having made a special request for some bacon wasabi tenderloin after having read this blog.


Ready for the oven
  

Ready to be savoured


Side profile

We rounded out dinner with some pork sausage with liver.  I'm not the biggest fan of liver, and I know that my family wouldn't have appreciated it either, so I kept quiet and let them form their own opinions...nobody noticed.


Hidden liver...nobody noticed

1 comment:

  1. You can hide almost anything in a sausage, so long as you don't tell anyone. :)

    ReplyDelete